- April 2, 2017
4:00 am - 1:00 pm
July 2017 through June 2018
The MPTC made the following determinations with respect to mandatory statewide in-service training for all sworn officers (full-time and reserve). These blocks of training equal twenty-four (24) hours of training (if the officer attends the local option class), which means every officer will need a minimum of sixteen (16) additional hours of police-related training to meet the mandatory annual in-service training requirement:
- Legal updates (6 hours), to include:
- Combating Extremism and Radicalization (3 hours)
- Domestic Violence (3 hours), to include:
- Critical Incident Stress Awareness (3 hours)
- Procedural Justice/Legitimacy – Part II (3 hours)
- Defensive Tactics (3 hours), to include:
- The MPTC will furnish at least three (3) hours of a local option (such as CPR/First Aid), if the budget allows.
A local option is a topic chosen by the local MPTC program coordinator based upon input from area chiefs of police. Please contact your regional MPTC program coordinator if you have a suggestion for the local option in your area.
$200 Payable by certified check, money order, PayPal or credit card. Those paying with credit card or PayPal will incur an additional 3% processing fee.